By: Jennifer Bateman | Friday, July 24, 2015
Katie enjoys a little quiet time and a rather funny picture with her two boys.
Wow! I see it's been awhile since I've written a blog post. Seriously, where does the time go!
We are now into a steady summer rhythm of Minnesota family vacations, in the style that only a small Minnesota resort can offer. Guests depart on Saturday morning and new guests arrive in the afternoon. Saturday nights are constant motion - kids are SO happy to be out of the car and so happy to be at their Minnesota cabin! Boats get launched, fishing bait is purchased, floating things get blown up, turtles get discovered and played with, hot bodies jump into a cool lake, etc, etc, etc. Family vacation has begun!
The rest of the week contains quieter moments that I personally think are what make a resort vacation so unique. Here are some examples of quiet moments that are worth experiencing, either alone or with one of your kids:
- feeding the turtles
- drinking coffee on the end of the dock
- playing a board game on your screen porch
- napping at the beach
- reading your book before your cabin wakes up
- cooking bacon and pancakes for breakfast
- building sandcastles
- catching panfish off the fishing pier
- slowly floating on a white board on a hot afternoon
- casting for anything that will bite at sunset
- playing checkers on the screen porch of the lodge
- taking a leisurely bike ride
- sitting in an Adirondack chair in the shade
- talking to your kid or spouse on the paddle bike
- watching and listening to the loons
Pretty simple stuff, really. None of it requires a Google search, a GPS, an itinerary, a car or additional money. It might, however, require a camera so you can take a picture of the memory!
Until next time ~~ Jennifer