By: Jennifer Bateman | Friday, July 28, 2017
If you're over the age of 55, I'd like to suggest that you take a Minnesota resort vacation during one of the last two weeks in August, and choose Two Inlets Resort as your destination. What makes these weeks different from the rest of the summer weeks? Here are some things to think about --
1) The resort in quieter because we have fewer kids staying at the resort. Surrounding states have started school, and Minnesota schools have started their sports practices, which means families with kids are not vacationing.
2) The lake water is warm for all water sports, such as kayaking, paddle boarding, canoeing, swimming and floating, all of which we provide free of charge!
3) There are still plenty of things to do in the area, such as hiking at Itasca State Park, biking the Heartland Trail, visiting museums, taking a stroll along Main Street in Park Rapids and spending an evening (or two) in Dorset, MN, the Restaurant Capital of the World. Forest Edge Winery is also close by and an interesting place to visit.
4) The weather still has "summer" written all over it! Plan on warm days and cooler nights. If a good night's sleep is what you're looking for, I can pretty much guarantee it!
5) Discounted rates! Our quaint, lakeside two bedroom cabins with a screen porch drop from $434 per night down to $231 per night for up to four people. Same great resort at a lower price is hard to beat!
6) Short stays are welcome after August 12. Full week reservations not required!
I hope these points will entice you to pick up the phone and give me a call. We have your cabin waiting for you!
Until next time ~~ Jennifer
Jennifer and her husband, Bob, have owned and operated Two Inlets Resort since 1997. Located north of Park Rapids, MN and south of Itasca State Park, all ages enjoy simple lakeside living when they visit the resort.